Ways to Eat Healthy
Shopping this way costs too much.
– Use coupons.
– Buy in bulk.
– Buy things on sale.
– Grow your own veggies and fruit.
– Buy frozen veggies and fruit.
– Buy veggies and fruit in season.
Shopping and cooking this way takes up too much time.
– Shop on the weekend.
– Shop in bulk.
– Use a list to make sure you get everything you need and limit what you don’t.
– Buy healthy convenience items, like prewashed salad.
– Look for recipes for fast, healthy meals.
– Prepare your meals on the weekend or before work in the morning.
I don’t like the way this food tastes.
– Modify your favorite dishes to make them healthier.
– Choose cheeses that are strong- tasting and fairly low in fat, such as Parmesan and feta.
– Choose the best quality items within your budget.
– Choose items with a variety of flavors, textures, and colors.
– Cook veggies like green beans and broccoli lightly, so they stay crisp and colorful.
– Dress up food with herbs, spices, low-fat salad dressing, lemon juice, vinegar, hot sauce, plain nonfat yogurt, and salsa.
– Grill or roast veggies and meat to bring out the flavor.
It’s unpleasant/boring/hard to shop, cook, and eat this way.
– Learn new cooking methods and recipes from books, articles, and videos. Or take a healthy cooking class.
– Try new ingredients.
– Surround yourself with friends and family who cook, and eat healthfully.
Create A Positive Action Plan
Explore the MyPlate website to practice changing how I eat.